It’s been some time since I’ve blogged at all, let alone share any updates. Life has been a bit on the crazy side, and it’s been difficult to do anything beyond what I must do each day.
Since June of 2014, our family has ministered at Morning Star Church in Rockford, IL, where I’ve served as lead pastor. It has been an amazing joy to serve the Lord in Rockford. Hebrews 13:17 tells the church to allow leaders to serve with joy, not with groaning. Serving at Morning Star has been so much joy. What an amazing gift.
Some of our favorite things about Rockford:
- Morning Star Church (it’s hard to put into words what a gift Morning Star has been to us)
- The people (such a welcoming community, and we’ve made such dear friends inside and outside our church family)
- Our home (God gave us a beautiful home in an amazing neighborhood, right by the Rock River)
- Anderson Japanese Gardens (a Rockford gem)
- Beef-a-Roo (if you don’t know Rockford, you won’t get it, but just trust us)
Yesterday was our final day at Morning Star. We are headed to serve at Ashley River Baptist Church in Charleston, SC, where I’ll be senior pastor. The Lord has answered so many specific prayers and directed in remarkable ways to bring us to this point. We are so thankful for the Lord’s leading and pumped to serve in a congregation and community to which God has so clearly led us. He’s already begun to give us good relationships there and answered our prayers for a home that would allow our family to love and serve our church and community. Ashley River, we’re thankful for you and looking forward to serving together.
So, Rockford, goodbye. It has been sweet. Charleston, look out—here we come!
Photo Credit: Figment Photography