What are some steps you should take when confronted with a sin or other concern?
- Go through the exercise of facing up to each area of concern and looking for the truth in it.
- Own up to your sin.
- Work on a list of people whom you have sinned against, without yet making it right. Ask others for input.
- Go to each person wronged individually and repent without making excuses or defense.
- Let others know what God is doing in your life, asking for accountability. Let them know that you are working through the process of repentance and restoration.
- Invite others to speak into your life about concerns or ” blind spots.”
- Repent of any other sin that comes to mind, using words like, “I'm sorry; I sinned by doing ____; will you forgive me?”
- Believe that your most important relationship is relationship with your heavenly Father. Your position in Christ makes you a child of God, loved by God. The most important factor in play is your perseverance in the faith as a child of God.